Friday, February 13, 2009

You can't win them all

A couple people yesterday mentioned getting rejections from Alabama in the mail. Well, mine came today :( I am disappointed, but just taking the hint that I'm not meant to be a southerner. Of course, I would be way more disappointed if it was my first response; as it is, the acceptance the other day kind of balances it out. Interesting to me is that the two schools got the exact same sample, and statement (except the paragraph about the specific school), and their rankings are very comparable, so it just goes to show how random this whole process is.

2 down, 7 to go.

And I decided I really need to make the effort to send out lots of submissions over the next few months. That's a goal for next week: polishing up some poems to send out.

No comments: