Thursday, July 30, 2009

Grad School Preparations

I have now packed the following:

Six boxes of books (then I ran out of boxes)

everything that was previously under my bed (well, ok, I threw out a good bit of it)

a box of small pictures frames, interspersed with scarves for cushioning

the contents of my desk so I can get rid of it

I’ve also gone through my front closet and thrown things out, given things away, and gotten the rest of it organized. I even put all my hats, gloves, etc in two little plastic tubs.

I’m making gradual progress. I am also increasingly nervous, about the physical details of the move, the prospect of living with a roommate for the first time in three years, and mostly about the program. I’m second-guessing my creative abilities, and my intellectual ones, and I am anxious to just get in there and challenge myself. Oddly, the one thing I’m not questioning is the one thing that everyone else seems to think I should be most nervous about, and that’s teaching; instead, I’m really looking forward to it. I hope I didn’t just jinx myself by saying that, but I’m really excited to teach!

No comments: